FX 2023 Waiver
In exchange for participation in Frosh ConneXion 2023 (the “Activity”), organized by Ambassadors For Christ in Canada (AFC), located at North York Chinese Baptist Church on 685 Sheppard Ave E, North York, ON M2K 1B6 (“Releasees”), I hereby agree as follows:
1. I, and anyone claiming on my behalf, release and forever discharge Releasees and their affiliates, successors and assigns, officers, employees, representatives, partners, and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”), in their individual and/or corporate capacities from all claims, liabilities, obligations, promises, agreements, disputes, demands, damages, causes of action of any nature and kind, known or unknown, which I may have or claim to have against Releasees or any of the Released Parties arising out of or relating to any injury, loss or damage to person and property that may be sustained as a result of participation in the Activity (“Claims”).
2. I understand that participation in the Activity involves inherent risks, including the risk of physical or psychological injury, pain, suffering, illness, disfigurement, temporary or permanent paralysis and/or death, and I assume all related risks and voluntarily participate in the Activity.
3. I agree to indemnify Releasees against all claims, actions, lawsuits, damages and judgments, including lawyer’s fees, arising out of or relating to my participation in the Activity.
4. This Waiver shall not be in any way construed as an admission by the Releasees that it has acted wrongfully with respect to me or any other person, that it admits liability or responsibility at any time for any purpose, or that I have any right whatsoever against the Releasees.
5. This Waiver shall be binding upon and inure to the benefits of the parties and their respective heirs, administrators, personal representatives, executors, successors and assigns. I have the authority to release the Claims and have not assigned or transferred any Claims to any other party. The provisions of this Waiver are severable. If any provision is held to be invalid or unenforceable, it shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision.
6. This Waiver constitutes the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes all prior oral or written agreements or understandings between the parties concerning the subject matter of this Waiver. This Waiver may not be altered, amended or modified, except by a written document signed by all parties. The terms of this Waiver shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario. I agree to be photographed or videotaped for any AFC publications (including web and internet broadcasting, in print or any other media).
7. I have carefully read and fully understand all the provisions of this Waiver and am freely, knowingly and voluntarily entering this Waiver.